Updated: Oct 10, 2020
Prep: 10mins | Cook: 40mins | Serves: 4
Sausage Seasoning Blend:
1tsp fennel seeds
1tsp dried sage
1tsp dried rosemary
1tsp dried marjoram
1tsp dried oregano
1tsp chilli flakes
4 large potatoes, peeled
2tbs vegetable oil
6 pork sausages
1tbs plain flour
450ml chicken gravy
150g shredded kale
3 leeks, finely sliced
1/2tbs wholegrain mustard
50g grated cheddar (smoked or original)
1. Boil the potatoes until tender, drain the water and leave them to steam dry.
Keep the skin for your compost bin or place them on the top of soil to because the topsoil is the most important layer for the growth for plants as they give a good source of nutrients such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium.
2. Remove the skins from the sausages and mash it up into a mince. Add the sausage seasoning blend and combine it with sausage mince. Once the spices are incorporated well into the mince, add a tablespoon of oil to a shallow casserole pan and fry until golden brown.
Add flour and cook for a few more minutes on a medium-low heat.
3. Pour the gravy and mix in the kale too, let it simmer for 5mins then remove from the heat.
4. Fry the leeks into a separate pan adding 1 tablespoon of oil and a little water to help it cook until tender before adding to the sausage mixture.
Turn on your grill to the highest setting.
5. Mash the potatoes, add the mustard followed by milk- adding one tablespoon at a time depending on how smooth you prefer your mash.
Layer the mash over the sausage mixture and finally sprinkle over the grated cheese. -Tanya's Tip: sprinkle over the cheese a hot ground spice such as paprika, cayenne or chilli powder to show off that fiery, golden, cheesy, crisp appearance.
6. Grill for 3-5 mins until the cheese is bubbling and turns golden brown.
If you require any herbs and spices, from any of our recipes, visit our shop for refills and plastic free packaged foods.
In addition you will receive a FREE eco-friendly, mystery gift on your first purchase!
Enjoy your meal.
I would appreciate it if you could like and leave any comments you have in mind.
Thank you for visiting.