With everything being on hold this year and the pandemic keeping us away from our loved ones for so long, I decided we'll start Christmas extra early! Lockdown or not, Covid will surely not ruin this years Christmas and New Year.
I will be coming up with favourite meals we all love to cook during these special holidays and will show you how you can use up all your herbs and spices to make your foods taste even more delicious than any Christmas dinner you've made before!
Prep: 20mins | Cook: 30-40mins | Serves: 4
I made up 1 kilo of chopped vegetables and this was my selection.
Of course you can add in any of your favourite vegetables. However some will cook and brown faster than others depending on how much water, sugar and starch content they contain.
For example asparagus will be cooked and browned faster than sweet potato. therefore you may want to consider roasting some vegetables separately.
1 1/12tbs of Goose Fat or Duck Fat
Herbal Essences Gravy:
2 Chicken Stock OXO Cubes
390ml Boiled Water
1tbs Flour (depending on preferred consistency)
2-3tsp Gravy Granules
1. Preheat the oven to 200/180 Fan/Gas 6.
2. Start by chopping up all your vegetables to bite size peices and lay them out a roasting tray, spreading them out evenly.
Don't pile your vegetables as they won't be able to release the water within them to become lovely brown and crispy.
3. In a pan heat the goose fat up for 2 to 4 minutes on a low/medium heat before pouring over the vegetables on the tray.
4. Sprinkle over the herbs and toss coat them gently, keeping them laid out apart.
Add salt and pepper for taste.
1. In a cooking pot dissolve 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes with 380ml of boiled water.
2. First add the goose fat and gravy granules and let it blend into the sauce then add the flour to help it thicken to the consistency you are happy with.
(Essentially you would use the gravy juices left over from the chicken / turkey but alternatively you can use goose or duck fat and gravy granules).
3. Finally toss in the onion powder, garlic powder, the herbs and black pepper and mix it in well.
This time I did not make a turkey so I chose to have these with my favourite chicken wings I made with a special spice blend, which I will show you how to very easily make in one of my future recipes.
If you require any herbs and spices, from any of our recipes, visit our shop for refills and plastic free packaged foods.
In addition you will receive a FREE eco-friendly, mystery gift on your first purchase!
Enjoy your meal.
I would appreciate it if you could like and leave any comments you have in mind.
Thank you for visiting.